By: Paige Hubbard
The Ronald McDonald House Charites is helping underprivileged comminutes by providing free health care and dental services to families who cannot afford health the cost of health insurance.
The number children without health insurance is alarming, to say the least, however, the RMHC is putting an end to that narrative by meeting families on where they’re at to ensure every child medical need will not go unnoticed.
They provide medical assistance on the go with their state-of-the-art Ronald McDonald Care Mobile which is a pediatric clinic on wheels. It was designed from the ground up to meet the specific well-care needs of children and is always fully staffed.
Some of the Ronald McDonald Care mobile services include:
• Primary care, well-child visits, and developmental screening
• Diagnostic, preventive and restorative dental care
• Oral hygiene education
• Asthma treatment and self-management education
• Pulmonary function testing
• Vision, hearing and lead screening
• School and sports physicals
• Prenatal care for pregnant teens
• Childhood health promotion and injury prevention education
• Nutrition counseling
• Pediatric specialty care, such as oncology, cardiology, and otolaryngology
• Mental health assessment and referral
• Blood collection
• Social service resource referral
• Health education
• Care for special needs children
Some may ask what makes this program so special? One of the benefits is the Ronald McDonald Care Mobile takes a holistic approach when providing health care.
They also educate communities with health education which prevents them from making the wrong lifestyle choices which equip and motivates them to improve and maintain their families overall wellbeing.
To find out more about the Ronald McDonald Care mobile visit their website at www.rmhcghg.org